Create a lasting legacy and ensure continued support of Hesperian’s work. There are many legacy or planned giving options, including some that return a stream of income to the donor and/or a loved one for life and allow you to enjoy tax benefits. Planned giving to Hesperian is deeply appreciated and will make a difference in the lives of people worldwide for years to come.
- Bequest gifts
- Bequests from the estates of thoughtful individuals with the foresight to provide for Hesperian in their will are an important source of philanthropy for the organization and an effective way for donors to make a meaningful gift to Hesperian without depleting lifetime assets.
- Charitable remainder trusts
- A charitable remainder trust is a personal management plan that provides both a lifetime income and a charitable income tax deduction to the donor.
- Gifts of appreciated securities
- A gift of appreciated securities such as stocks, mutual funds, and bonds can provide attractive benefits.
- Charitable lead trusts
- Charitable lead trusts provide a stream of income first paid to Hesperian for a number of years.
- Gifts of real estate
- You can make a gift of commercial or residential real estate to Hesperian and receive substantial financial benefits.
- Gifts of retirement plans
- Gifting qualified retirement plan assets such as a 401(K), 403(b), Keogh or pension plan is another way to benefit Hesperian and receive significant tax savings.
- Gifts of life insurance
- Donors can use life insurance to make a gift by naming Hesperian as the owner and beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
- Gifts of personal property
- Donors can make gifts of tangible personal property, such as art, books, antiques and collections to Hesperian.
- To receive additional information about the detailed benefits of any of the giving opportunities presented, please contact the Development Office at 510-845-1447. Hesperian appreciates your consideration of providing a lasting legacy to our important work.