Creating a lasting legacy through planned giving ensures that people worldwide will continue to have access to Hesperian’s important, lifesaving and transformative health information. Your support during your lifetime or after makes a difference to the lives of people who depend on our work.
There are many legacy or planned giving options, including some that return a stream of income to the donor and/or a loved one for life and allow you to enjoy tax benefits. Planned giving to Hesperian is deeply appreciated and will make a difference in the lives of people worldwide for years to come.
- Gifts in Your Will or Living Trust
- Bequests from the estates of thoughtful individuals are an effective way for donors to make a meaningful gift to Hesperian without depleting lifetime assets. Suggested Language: I give to Hesperian Health Guides, currently located at 2860 TELEGRAPH AVE, OAKLAND, CA 94609_______________(insert specific dollar amount or percentage) in support of its full mission. Federal tax I.D. #94-6109093.
- Gifts of Retirement Plans
- Gifting qualified retirement plan assets such as a 401(K), 403(b), Keogh or pension plan is another way to benefit Hesperian and receive significant tax savings. Simply contact your bank, insurance company or retirement account holder and request a beneficiary designation form. For IRA owners making Required Minimum Distributions, Qualified Charitable Distributions can be a tax-efficient way to make your current donations to Hesperian.
- Life Insurance Policies
- Donors can use life insurance to make a gift by naming Hesperian as the owner and beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
- For more information, please contact the Development Office at 510-845-1447.
For over sixteen years, Del and Lucille Anderson were supporters of Hesperian Health Guides. As founders of a group called Spirit in Action, the Anderson’s committed their lives to international relief work. They relied on Hesperian’s materials to provide the tools that help people take control of their health, assist in acquiring clean water, and feeding and educating their families.
When the Anderson’s passed away a few years ago, they made sure their legacy lived on after they were gone. Through a bequest in their wills to Hesperian, Del and Lucille fulfilled their dream of ensuring that people worldwide have access to our important work for years to come.