1. What Information Does Hesperian Collect And For What Purpose Is It Used?
- Information you give us or our service providers.
- When you make a purchase on Hesperian’s website, we collect personal information such as your name and address that could be used to identify you. This information is stored securely in Hesperian’s database and forms the basis of your customer record.
- When you sign up for Hesperian’s newsletter, we collect and store the personal information you have provided.
- Information we receive from social media platforms
- We may receive certain information that’s stored or processed by third parties, such as the social media sites Facebook®, Twitter® and LinkedIn® when you interact with us through these social media platforms. Each social media platform may have a privacy statement that specifically governs its use of social media features.
- Contact Information includes your name, company name, job title, telephone numbers, fax numbers, postal addresses, email addresses, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Hesperian.
- Transactional Information includes information about the Services you use, and how you interact with us and the Services (for example through email, customer portal, or phone).
- Billing Information includes financial qualification and billing information, such as billing name and address, and a credit card number, including card security number and credit card date of expiration.
Information Collected by Automated Means includes information that Hesperian collects through commonly used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and smart links.
Such information includes standard information from your web browser (such as browser type and browser language), your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and your activities on Hesperian’s website (such as the web pages viewed and the links clicked, number of visits, access time, device ID or other unique identifier, domain name, screen views, language information, device name and model, and operating system type), the URL of the site from which you came, your computer operating system, and mobile device operating system (if you are accessing Hesperian’s website using a mobile device).
We use your information for providing you the Services described below:
To contact you. We use your Contact Information to get in touch with you. Here are some examples of reasons why we might contact you:
- To communicate with you about your orders
- To send you announcements about products, news, and events or other promotional activities
- For marketing purposes. We use your Contact Information to recommend products and services that might be of interest to you, to send you marketing and advertising messages such as newsletters, announcements, or special offers or to notify you about our upcoming events. You may opt-out from receiving such communications as described in section 4 below.
- To fulfill your orders. We need the Contact Information, Transactional Information, and Billing Information to: process orders (including payments) for our products and provide products to you
- To measure interest in Hesperian’s online content. We need Information Collected via Automated Means to: measure interest in our webpages; develop our web pages and marketing plans; improve the content you view when you visit Hesperian’s website.
- To enable third parties to provide services to us. We may need to provide your Contact Information to our third party store so that they may carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf. Please see more in section 2 above. We also engage third-parties to provide us with reports about the usage and browsing patterns of Hesperian’s website. Such third parties track and analyze such information with respect to visitors to Hesperian’s website.
Hesperian does not sell or publicly share your information. We do transmit personal information to third parties for legitimate business purposes related to our online store and email communications. This transmission is done via a secure process.
5. How You Can Manage Your Personal Information
- Communication Preferences and Opt-outs.
If you wish to stop receiving email marketing communications from us, please click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the relevant email marketing communication or by following the instructions detailed in the communication. Please note that this may not unsubscribe you from all other communications. If you wish to opt-out completely then please contact us at [email protected]. In accordance with industry standards and applicable laws, we reserve the right to retain your Personal Information for a reasonable amount of time so we can ensure that we do not contact you in the future.
- Access and Correction.
- If you would like to know what Personal Information we hold about you, you may submit a request to us at [email protected] We will supply Personal Information about you and that we hold in our own files in a reasonable timeframe.
- If you would like to correct, delete inaccuracies, or update the information we hold about you, or revoke consent previously granted, please submit your request to hesp[email protected].
- Deleting your information. If you would like us to delete your Personal Information from our records then please contact us at [email protected] and we will respond within a reasonable timeframe. Please note that we may be required to retain certain information by law and/or for our own legitimate business purposes.
- To protect your privacy, we will require you to prove your identity before granting access to, or agreeing to update, correct or delete your Personal Information and we will only implement requests with respect to Personal Information about you (not anyone else).
- We are committed to best practice when it comes to preventing loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorized access, or unlawful or unnecessary processing of the information we collect as described in section 1 of this Privacy Statement.
For example, we:
- make use of encryption technology as appropriate;
- use appropriate network access control technology to limit access to the systems on which the information we collect is stored; and
- monitor for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
- Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that the technical, physical and organizational measures we take will prevent every security threat nor can we guarantee that the information we collect will not be improperly accessed, used, altered or destroyed. We will notify you if we discover there has been a material breach of security, which resulted in an unauthorized disclosure of your Personal Information.